CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October 30, 2007

Ready for Round 3

We are officially out this cycle. Since I more or less went through the grieving process on Saturday I'm feeling pretty okay about things today. Went to the doctor and passed by Clomid check so we're ready to go for Try #3. Thankfully it looks like we will be inseminating the week before Thanksgiving so we don't have the holiday's to contend with. I'm actually pretty happy with how flexible my OB/GYN's office is about scheduling, etc. It's nice not to have to stress out about that at least. Guess it helps that we're currently the only patients in the office doing IUI, so we can get special treatment :)

This will be our last try with the donor that we have. If we get to Try #4 I think we might switch to Amy's first choice (he was sold out at the time) or see if any new donor's are in the catalog.

Thanks all for your advice and based on it we've decided to temp up until we have a clear sign that we've ovulated and then we are stopping. It was the temping that really messed with us again so we've decided to cut it out of the process. It is going to be so weird not waking up at 6:30 in the morning to take my temperature. I'm really looking forward to it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm late to the party but I agree re the temping. I don't even like to do it to confirm ovulation - after all, if it confirms it for a day other than the one you banked on when you squirted that stuff up there, then it's too late to do anything about it! It also played havoc with my sleep patterns - turned me into a virtual insomniac.

Anyhow, officially moving on is good - third time lucky, right?

tbean said...

Sorry that cycle two is over with such disappointing results. Our first try will overlap with yours--the week before thanksgiving. Maybe we will have much to be thankful for this year? Here's hoping!!!

Kim aka Mommy said...

I think stopping the temping after O will help alot with the stress.

Thanksgiving = being thankful! Here's hoping you have something BIG to be thankful for!

Holly said...

I'm sorry.
Here's to the next cycle!!

Jen said...

so sorry. Sending you gals good vibes for the next cycle!

Anonymous said...

Oh NO girls. i'm so sorry--i'm just now getting around to reading the news.
Keep your chins up and don't give up hope! i know every month that passes feels like a year, but in the grand scheme of things it'll all work out. i know it will--i tell myself that every day.
xox

Eva said...

I will be cheering you on from the sidelines during cycle #3. It feels like a lucky number.

And I am glad that you will be able to sleep in just a wee bit.

Anonymous said...

So here we both go again for cycle 3. It is nice that your doc's office is so flexible with scheduling....it is one of the big stressors for me.
I wish I could give up the temping...I'm just an addict and a bit obsessive about it. But it also doesn't disrupt my sleep too much.
I hope 3 is lucky for us both!!!