CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

March 22, 2008

Life Lesson

Instead of doing the normal thing of learning from my own mistakes I decided to learn from a friend's tragedy and pass the warning on. A few weeks a go a friend left her house with her kids to go and run some errands. Upon returning home her house was engulfed in flames. Parts of their house were completely destroyed while the remainder has heavy smoke damage. The fire started in the laundry room, specifically with her dryer. What this has taught me is that we are NEVER leaving the house again with our washer, dryer or dishwasher running. So scary.

Her kids are 2 and 4 and I felt bad that they lost their stuff so I wanted to help but felt helpless. So I decided to do what I do best and I made each of them their very own blanket. They both have fleece on the back so they are extra comfy. If anyone wants to make a very easy blanket the tutorial can be found here.





On the TTC front, my temps are still up and if they look that way tomorrow we are going to test. Tomorrow we will be 12DPO also known as 3weeks and 5 days pregnant.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those quilts look amazing Melissa!!! Here's hoping for posive news tomorrow!!

Carly

Unknown said...

My friend at work has warned against leaving with appliances on for a long time. I think about it, but there are still times we will leave with the dryer going. That is so scary!
The quilts are wonderful!
I hope youi get that BFP tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad they're all ok - I misunderstood at first and thought she'd left her kids at home. The blankets are lovely - very thoughtful of you.

Kim aka Mommy said...

As a fire marshals wife, I hear all those warnings daily. Listen to them!

Love the blankies. So sweet of you to make them.