July 18, 2007

Learners Permit

We went to our follow up doctor's appointment yesterday, with our charts in hand. It wasn't exactly the news we were hoping for but we weren't altogether surprised either.

So it looks like next month isn't our time to start. Since I've only been ovulating every other month and late in the cycle our doctor has put me on a low dose of clomid for next cycle. She wants us to wait a cycle to see how I react to it before we try our first insemination. I'm happy that she's aware of the cost this is for us and that she doesn't want us throwing our money down the drain but we're still a little bummed.

She also wants me to go get my blood drawn next Monday to see my progesterone levels. The good news is she filled out all of our paper work for "The Bank", so we can go ahead and start picking/purchasing our donor.

Looks like it's going to be a little bit longer until we're in the drivers seat.


tbean said...

Waitin sucks. But, better to feel your money is going to good use a month from now, I guess!! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Ah shite news. Waiting is hateful. Sorry. It will pass though.

Unknown said...

A round of the waiting game... Ugh!! Hang in there!

ohchicken said...

right there with you, sisters. (even wonder if we have the same doc!)

i hope that the clomid works for your cycle like it has mine. (i will find out definitively tomorrow...)

we have spent this month off simply enjoying a lot of wine. :)

Anonymous said...

I can see that you put a lot of hard work on your blog, I’m sure I’d visit here more often.Great job, keep posting interesting Learners permit articles here. All The Best