CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

November 2, 2010

9 Month Well Visit

Yesterday was Jackson's first trip to the doctor in a while (knock on wood). I brought him in for his 9 month well visit. I have to admit I felt a little fish out of water because this was also our first foray into the Canadian Healthcare system.

Everything checked out great! Jackson weighs 21 lbs 8 oz and is 29 inches long. Around the 75 percentile for both. He was a real trooper when getting his immunization and flu shots. He only cried a little and was soon smiling again. It honestly was a pretty uneventful trip.

We won't be covered by Ontario health insurance until December so I was prepared to pay a bunch of money for this visit. I know what it's like going to doctor's offices and signing a credit card receipt for hundreds if not thousands of dollars because of insurance not covering. So you can only imagine my shock when the TOTAL bill came to $50.10!!

So in celebration I got a coffee and Jackson got a Mum Mum for the train ride home.

Happy faces!!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone



7 comments:

Heather said...

sweet!! Yay for cheap visits!

Anonymous said...

Yay, glad he's doing so well. I'm curious to hear how the Canadian health system works....keep us up to date!

H2 said...

Awww cute picture.

Next in Line said...

Yay for Canada. Soon all your visits will be free :)

Anonymous said...

How cute are you two! I'm glad that everything went well and that it was so reasonable. We had the same experience in Mexico. Wow, are US heathcare costs inflated!

Stacey said...

Yay! Glad it went well. Yes, the costs in the US are double for everything, even surgery.

Shannon said...

I had no idea it would be that cheap either. That's great. I guess they feel bad if they have to charge someone. My dentist charges less if you don't have coverage. I think there was a brief period of time that I didn't have it for some reason.

Sounds like Jack is doing great!