CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

November 4, 2010

WTF and MYOB

Riding an elevator down to the train a women who seemed innocent enough commented on how cute Jackson was and mentioned that she saw on Dr. Oz that sugar kills and that I shouldn't give the baby any sugar. I smiled and told her I had no plans to give him any in the near future. She then took out a flyer explaining that she worked for some health organization and that introducing a healthy lifestyle to the masses was her passion. She continued talking about healthy eating when thankfully the train arrived. We purposely walked in the opposite direction of her and got on the train.

Sitting down and talking to Jackson I see her lumber over across the train car seeking us out. She sits across from us and starts in again about all the food information she forgot to tell us on the platform. Apparently Jackson needs to eat lots of root vegetables and avocado. I try not to engage and think I'm giving a ton of non verbal cues basically indicating I'm not wanting to hear her advice anymore but she's just not getting it. Up until this point I only found her annoying but this is when the crazy came out. She then looks at Jackson again and goes on and on about how much she loves him, and wishes she could take him home so he could sleep in her bed and be her baby!! I'm totally not kidding. She literally said these words.

Needless to say I pulled his stroller closer to me and took him out to hold on my lap. Partly because I was feeling very uneasy and partly because he was getting fussy. Crazy Pants McGee then starts offering more advice and instructs me that I need to take his coat off because he's hot and that's why he was fussy. Let me just say this was not the reason and even if it was the reason and he had beads of sweat dripping down his brow there is no way in hell I would listen to her and take off the damn coat.

So now that Jackson is out of her grasp and I'm ignoring her she promptly moves into the now open seat next to me. I'm extremely excited that our stop is next and start to gather our things. The whole time listening to how I need to expose him to music and to church because it's good for him and to make sure he doesn't touch the subway pole cause it's dirty. It's then that I see out of the corner of my eye that she has grabbed Jackson's hand and has given it a kiss, saying I love you baby. Once again, I'm so not kidding. We arrive at our stop and as we quickly exit hear her give us multiple God bless you's and I love you baby's.

I'm pretty shocked that I've lived in Toronto for almost 2 months now and I've only now just had my first experience with big city crazy. What an introduction!!

15 comments:

tireegal68 said...

Omg! That is seriously bizarre and scary! So glad you got away relatively unscathed!

Loralou said...

You dealt with it very well, I was have been horrified!

N said...

OMG that is seriously, seriously crazy.

Laurie said...

O...M...G...!!!! What?!?! We have run into a few crazies (none THAT bad) and didn't handle it as calmly as you. What a freak-a-zoid!

Stacey said...

OMG crazy!!! Yes, there is a lot of crazy in the city. I always find being downtown pretty interesting. I think I would've shut her up by telling her that I only feed my baby sugar and root vegetables are evil in my religion. Hahaha. No, I would've done what you did and what most Canadians would do...just try to give subtle hints and still maintain a friendliness at all times. lol

Jen said...

O-M-F-G! My heart is racing reading this story! I would have freaked out on her and told her to step back and don't touch my child! You handled yourself very well and I hate to think about what people are capable of.

Shannon said...

OMG! That is crazy. You were so calm. The part where she said she wanted to take him home really freaked me out, I can't even imagine. Thank God she didn't get off the train at your stop and continue to harass you. Yikes.

Strawberry said...

HOLY SHIT. Seriously WACKADOO. I think I would've started screaming.

Heather said...

OMG!!! You handled it very well, I would have flipped and left way before she sat next to me! haha. and to grab his hand?!?! Are you kidding?!?! I 100% would taken his hand and hold her " don't touch MY baby"!!!

H2 said...

Holy crap!! That is insane! I would've freaked out. Kudos to you for keeping your mouth shut. Lol, I probably would've gotten off at a closer stop just to get away from her. Ach!

Lucy said...

Um, wow. Thats totally creepy! Sounds like you handled it pretty well- I'm sure I would have completely freaked out!!

Anonymous said...

ohmyfriggancrazy!!!

she said...

holy wtf? yes...very creepy. who says that? i want you to come sleep in my bed and be my baby?! i think that women needs help if you ask me.

Schroedinger said...

OMOFG. MYOB?! How 'bout "BOOICTC!"? (back off or I'll call the cops!) That person sounds like a scary baby snatcher. I would have been TOTALLY freaked. Glad you got off unscathed.

Movie Gyrl said...

That is scary as hell!!! Thank God you were to get away from her without her following you all over the place. She CLEARLY needs some counseling!!!