CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

November 21, 2010

Night Terrors

A post at the Offering of Love's blog helped me feel so much more normal, with the added bonus of helping me find something else to post about.

Jackson slept in our bed for the first three months of his life. We ultimately moved him to his crib because Amy and I weren't getting any sleep in the few short hours that we were being afforded. Even though he was in bed with us for such a short time I didn't realize what an affect if would have on me.

Fast forward to 6 months later and I'm still waking up multiple times a night in a sheer panic. I'm convinced that Jackson has either gotten tangled in the covers or has fallen out of bed. There has been some nights where I have woken up on all fours next to the bed thinking that Jackson has rolled under it. Poor Amy has been woken up by me frantically patting the covers in my attempt to look for Jackson. She's had many conversations with me (who is half asleep) trying to convince me that Jackson is okay and safe in his crib. This happens weekly!

So you can understand my excitement at seeing the post at the Offering of Love's blog and all the comments of others who have had these same late night panic attacks over baby. I'm hoping they end soon for both my sake and for poor Amy who has to deal with a crazy person in the wee hours of the morning.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow, that's intense. Must be scary to wake up thinking something awful has happened. We haven't experienced that here but I do have to check on the kids before I go to bed because I think if I don't, something horrible will have happened to them and I won't know until the morning. And most nights after I've settled into bed, I'll suddenly have to get up and check the monitors to make sure they're on loud enough, even though I *know* they are. So I'm kind of crazy too. :) Kim doesn't do this at all. She just goes to bed. LOL.

anofferingoflove said...

thanks for this post - its good to hear im not alone!! hopefully it will stop soon for both of us!

Lisa said...

ha ha, must be something in the air. I just wrote a post about my anxiety related to transitioning Preston in to his own room. Not to mention that I just had a conversation with Danielle about "what if he stops breathing?" I hope it gets easier for us. Hugs.